About New Teacher Subject Days
Effective, inspirational CPD for new teachers
Inspirational teachers are those who know their subjects well and are able to communicate their passion to their students.
Our New Teacher Subject Days are specifically designed for new teachers, providing them with guidance on teaching strategies, access to a wealth of subject-based resources, teaching ideas, and contact with some of the latest academic thinking in their subject.
New Teacher Subject Days:
- give schools access to high quality subject training for their new teachers
- boost new teachers' subject knowledge
- provide new teachers with a network of peers and experienced teachers, and access to the extensive recources in the PTI's online Staffroom
They give new teachers
- greater confidence
- improved ability to inspire their pupils to engage with their subjects
- increased effectiveness at promoting deep learning
- a greater ability to respond to pupils' needs and questions
- an increased excitement about teaching and the teaching profession
Benefits to schools
Now entering their fourth year, New Teacher Subject Days have consistently achieved fantastic feedback
- 97% of Heads noticed an increase in confidence of the New Teachers who attended the course
- 94% of Heads say that the course has had an impact on the New Teachers’ quality of teaching and students’ learning
- 96% of participants said the course will have an impact on their pupils
- 89% of participants felt reinvigorated and more excited about their subject as a result of the course
- 85% of participants said they would be more effective at promoting deep learning as a result of the course
Learning Resource Assignment
Each participant will devise, produce and implement an imaginitive resource which is linked to a topic explored on the course. On the final day of the course, participants share their resources and their experiences of teaching them. These resources are made available to participnats electronically, and are also intended to be useful within participants' departments. The resources can also contribute to the Core Standards Portfolio of Evidence for those who are compiling final end of year assessments.